This is an outstanding eco-friendly and plant-based paint kit: gluten free and vegan friendly paint
Kit contains: 8 x 50g plant-based powdered paint including black, brown, purple, blue, green, red, orange, and yellow, custom designed vegan bristle birch paint brush, compostable mixing containers, spoons and stirrers (sustainable timber - FSC certified).
Each kit makes up to 1.5L of gluten free paint 🌈
natural eco paints…what makes them unique?
PLANT BASED: natural eco paints are made from 100% plant ingredients. The colour range is derived from plant, root, spice and flower pigments. All art mediums are vegan, gluten free, nut free and dairy free making them a safe alternative. They are also free from non-renewable mined clay and micas which are commonly used to colour ‘eco-friendly’ art products.
NON-TOXIC: the best part is that that these paints are 100% non-toxic - free from synthetic colours and chemicals. Natural eco paints are food grade so if they do make their way into little mouths they are completely safe.
ECO PACKAGING: BIODEGRADABLE, COMPOSTABLE AND RECYCLABLE: this is one of the most exciting parts of natural eco paints – the whole kit and its contents are either recyclable, biodegradable or compostable – a tick for sustainability!
- Unused paint is compostable and can go in organic recycling.
- The paint packets and kit box are not laminated or lined for a reason – they can go straight into your home recycling bin.
- The mixing cups and lids are made from corn starch derived PLA (poly lactic acid) and once you have finished with the kit you can pop them straight in the green organics recycling bin and they will break down over 12 weeks in an industrial recycling facility. To read more about this process see https://www.vegware.com.au/pages/composting-faq
- The wooden stirrers, spoons and tie are also uncoated and untreated so they can go in the organic recycling.
- The paint brush is the only thing left - custom designed and manufactured for longevity and for little hands (8mm x 18cm). If you decided to dispose of it the handle can go in the green waste bin, the aluminium ferrule can be recycled, and the vegan friendly bristles can be redcycled with soft plastics – to learn more:https://www.redcycle.net.au/.
HANDMADE IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA: part of the eco crayons ethos and mission is to make natural and non-toxic art mediums locally, all products are lovingly handmade from scratch in South Australia.
Kit is not suitable for 0-3 years due to small parts - the paint itself is safe from children under 3 years
Adult supervision is required
An art smock should be worn: some colours may stain - it's only natural!
*Art and Sensory Flashcard